The Sony PSVR 2 price and release date has been confirmed
Announced on Wednesday, the Sony PSVR 2 price and release date have been confirmed, and yep…it’s going to be more expensive than a PlayStation 5. Sony revealed that the cost of the PSVR 2 will be $550.
At that price, the PSVR 2 is $50 more expensive than the last generation’s $500 PSVR bundle for the PlayStation 4. With the high PSVR 2 price and release date of February 22, 2023, as confirmed by Sony’s official PlayStation blog, the launch of the long awaited virtual reality upgrade for the newest console generation is arriving rather soon.
Now, let’s go over what the $550 will get you. The basic PSVR 2 bundle comes with a headset, PSVR 2 Sense controllers, and a stereo headset. There’s also another bundle that comes with Horizon: Call of the Mountain, a VR sequel to Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn video game series, that’s priced higher at $599.
Although expensive, the package doesn’t seem too absurd as the 4K resolution with HDR, 120Hz support, and a field of view of 110 degrees is very competitive and even a step above some PC VR headsets.
Sony also confirmed the following 11 games for the first year of the PSVR 2 launch:
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR | Developer: Supermassive Games
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad | Developer: Smilegate
- The Light Brigade | Developer: Funktronic Labs
- Cities VR – Enhanced Edition | Developer: Fast Travel Games
- Cosmonious High | Developer: Owlchemy Labs
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue | Developer: tinyBuild Games
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection | Developer: Coatsink
- Pistol Whip VR | Developer: Cloudhead Games
- Zenith: The Last City | Developer: Ramen VR
- After The Fall | Developer: Vertigo Games
- Tentacular | Developer: Firepunchd Games UG